Saturday, February 19, 2011

Numb & Shaking

Last night and this morning weren't the best for Lyme. I went to a couple stores last night with a friend, I felt tired but otherwise felt pretty good. I decided to go home afterwards instead of pushing my luck. But once at home and in bed I couldn't sleep. My legs started to go numb and then somewhat traveled up my body. I finally fell asleep at 3am and only got 5 hours of sleep before I had to start my day today. Today I felt fine beside tired. Had to go get hubby's car fixed so took 2 cars across town so we could go get things done in one while the other was in the shop. I am so, so tired but it has to be done. Once we got to a restaurant for lunch I started to feel...off. I was shaking really bad, I have only shaked that badly twice now and my body stared to go numb. Started at my legs again and traveled up until my entire body was pretty numb. Then I felt out of it and spacey which of course then triggers major anxiety because my body is freaking out, very uncomfortable and there isn't anything I can do about it. I speed eat in hopes it will help, it took a long time but the shaking finally stopped and the feeling in my body started to come back. What was that?! A herx, maybe. Maybe waited too long to eat. Maybe my body was reacting to not enough sleep and having to force myself into a busy day. It's a very scary feeling to have absolutely no control over what happens to my body and how or when the Lyme and Co-infections decide to attack me. I am doing everything I am supposed to so lets hope it was a herx and things are dieing in there! Next time I can't sleep like that I am taking a melatonin pill!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Julie that is so scary. I'm praying for you!! You are so strong!

    ReplyDelete