Thursday, January 26, 2012

Are My Eye's Open?




I have been fighting a lot of fatigue this week. I think it's herxing and coming across and being SO tired, worn out, drained, can't keep my eyes open...you get the point. My poor husband has had to take care of morning routine with my daughter for quiet some time now. I don't hear my alarm AT ALL! I just stopped setting it so my hubby wouldn't have to get up and walk across the room to turn it off. Before I got sick things were totally flip flopped. I was always the one that heard the kiddo and had to pry him out of bed. I guess it's his turn now ;-)

These are they times I wish my daughter still took a nap. Sometimes I put her in her room for quiet time but it normally doesn't last too long. Sometimes I just can't fight it and take a nap while she is playing in her room. I have no idea if she took a nap, but I got a nice one in! I don't feel comfortable doing that most of the time though, I would like to keep my house standing!!

Overall I am still doing pretty good, especially if I look back to when I started treatment. That felt like the end of the world! Literally felt like I was dying. Now it's smaller things that get on my nerves because I have been on treatment so long and I get annoyed I am not done yet. Overall I have had much more energy since I started my Bicillin injections. Even though my husband may think otherwise, I think my memory is slowly improving. I can keep up with my daughter more and can have more of a structured day again with her.

Some things I would like to see improvements on. Since I stopped Mepron my bone and joint pain is back. It feels like deep bone pain and normally pain meds don't touch the pain. I am also battling night sweats, which is really getting old. Both very clear evidence that Babesia is still hanging on and we need to kick it's butt!! Not sure what's in store for me but have been trying to figure this out with both my in town doc and out of state doc. Hoping to start something soon for this. I am getting nervous, I see my out of state doc early May and he said a while back that he thinks I will make big strides by the time I see him. I am not where I would like to be and it's only 3 months away ahhhh!!! I am sure I will be on treatment for a while yet but I am glad that I am seeing improvements and able to function. We will see what the new meds will bring!!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about "big strides". Your body will do what it will do. Lyme is so unpredictable as you know! All this herxing and stuff is good for your body. It does mean you're healing! And don't feel bad about napping while your daughter is playing in her room! I have done that....I always made sure they were safe....but sometimes you literally cannot keep your eyes open!! Keep on fighting!!

    ReplyDelete