Saturday, April 2, 2016

Treatment-Week 4-Herxing



Week 4 has been much harder than I thought it would be. I haven't changed anything or added treatments, but the herxing is insane. I am proud of myself for being able to get things done I need to as far as parenting and working but it sure isn't easy. I have tried to add in things to make life easier. I started ordering on-line groceries, using Amazon to also order things I need and using help from others when it is needed. It takes a village when someone isn't sick, it sure takes a village when you are sick. I really do hate asking for help and needing help, but sometimes I have to give in and just ask, accept it, and move on. It is my life, I have to just do what I can. Thankfully I have fantastic neighbors that have helped me out some. 

The herxing has been kind of strange and I have some new symptoms I have never had before, and then some I have had many times. One new one is I keep getting a sensation of bugs crawling around in my left eye. I don't know what that is about but its disgusting and I would be perfectly fine if that one left and never came back. It doesn't matter what I do to try and stop it, it just kind of comes and goes on its own. Another new one is I am getting "hot spots" randomly around my body. I know some of it can be histamine related but I am sure some of it has to do with herxing and also neuropathy. It tends to be in the evening, I will get one hot ear, one hot foot, one spot on one of my legs gets hot, one hot finger. Its very strange. Some of the other herxing symptoms I am getting: hot flashes, major fatigue, night sweats, nausea, head and neck ache, visual stuff like blurry vision that comes and goes along with floaters, brain fog, muscle fatigue, muscle pain, body pain, foot pain, dizziness, itching, ear ringing. Some of these I have all of the time but some are from herxing and all the die off in my body. 

I have been trying to work on detoxing since the meds are killing off the spirochetes at a rapid pace. I am sure my body cant keep up, hence the ridiculous herxing. I am trying to remember to put burbur drops in my water daily, I took a detox bath today (which I need to do every couple of days), trying to drink tons of water. I need to get back in to many other detoxing methods too to help things along. Another easy one to do is Dry Brushing, I always forget to do that before jumping in the shower, but it really does help a ton. It is hard to fit in detoxing when you are so drained but its an important component to healing. 

Yesterday and today have been rough. Today I have laid low and have been in bed most of the day. If I have my eyes open too long, they start to really burn. So I take breaks after being on the computer or watching tv to give them a rest. I wish I could just sleep all day long, but in order to get my supplements in, my IVs, and food so the meds dont make me extra sick, I cant go too long in between with out having to do all of those things. They all need to be spaced out through out the day and some cant be taken to close in time to another one. Then of course the kids want to see me etc. I am doing the best I can to rest up on the weekend so I can function during the week so I can continue working and continue to be available for my kids. 

If anyone has any specific questions about Lyme Disease, Co-Infections or anything related, please let me know. I would love to do blog posts about those to help educate people. That has always been my goal once I became sick. I want people to be aware so they can protect themselves and their loved ones! And to better understand chronic illness. 

1 comment:

  1. Just LOVE you and your story. I had Lyme for 47 years without a clue as to what it was. Worse yet, my wife had it since childhood in the 50s, our three children who never stood a chance were born with it without us ever getting a fix on what was really wrong, the MDs are worthless. You are WELCOME to check out my webpage, also just finished a book - the preview covers a lot, but I'll send you a free link if you're that interested. I consider myself cured but still have a lot of nasty diseased tissue floating around in my face. God bless, because God helped me a lot, and that's the truth. http://foosresearch.com

    ReplyDelete