Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Upsetting News

My 3 yr old got tested 3 weeks ago to see if she has Lyme, we finally got the results last night. Unfortunately she does have Lyme Disease :-( Which means I unknowingly gave it to her in utero. Looking back I think I have had it 9 years now. I am in a fog, I don't know what to think, I am numb but very upset at the same time. How can my innocent baby have such a terrible disease and now has quiet the fight ahead of her. It's not fair! She also has MCAD a metabolic disorder which is going to make things so much more complicated. If I feel like hell and don't want to eat, I don't! With her and her MCAD she HAS to eat or she will be in the hospital for her D10 IV. I foresee a lot of hospital stays in our future. All I can say is it sucks, and it's not fair she has to suffer.

2 comments:

  1. Julie- I am so so sorry to hear your little one has Lyme. I face the same thing with my 4 and 7 yr old girls. We just haven't had the money to get them tested. I am hoping to do it after the first of the year. I am almost certain my 7 yr old has it based on some ongoing health issues she has had. I know you must feel horrible. Just try and remember it is not your fault. You didn't know, there was nothing you could have done. I will pray for you and for her. At least you have cuaght it somewhat early. Hopefully you can take care of it quick. I don't think I really have any words that can make you feel better, just know you are not alone. Love, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. My three year old also has congenital Lyme. We just found out a few months ago. I know how you feel! Hugs,
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete