Friday, May 13, 2011

What does Candida(yeast overgrowth) look like




I have continually had issues with Candida, for a while I was getting yeast infections every two weeks. As some women know, it's not pleasant! I am dealing with it once again but now I itch all over or just my arm pits. Right now it's mainly my poor arm pits. They are raw, itchy, burn and sting. They itch so badly sometimes you can't help but itch like crazy and then wince in pain at the same time because the skin is broken open. I am currently doing a Candida Detox but I guess it't time to amp it up a little! Of course craving sugar doesn't help because it's so hard not to give in some days! It's a vicious cycle and need to focus on clearing it up!!! Here is some info I found on Candida--

Candida albicans is a yeast that normally resides in the body in the digestive tract and moist areas. Candida levels are kept in check by the immune system and beneficial probiotic bacteria in the body.

If probiotic bacteria are killed by antibiotics or if the immune system becomes weakened, Candida yeast may grow unchecked.

Local infections, such as oral thrush, skin infections and vaginal yeast infections in women can result.


People with severely weakened immune systems, such as those with cancer or AIDS, may develop widespread Candida infection, a serious medical condition called systemic candidiasis. Some alternative practitioners believe that overgrowth of candida albicans yeast in the intestines is responsible for a yeast syndrome that results in symptoms such as fatigue, headache, mood swings, sinus congestion, depression, poor memory and concentration, and cravings for sweets.

The excess Candida yeast in the intestines is then thought to penetrate the intestinal wall, causing yeast and other unwanted particles to be absorbed into the body. The absorbed yeast particles are believed to activate the immune system, resulting in an allergic hypersensitivity to Candida.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Julie! I read your blog quite a bit and wanted to give you a suggestion to help fight Candida. I think it would be fine to take these digestive enzymes at the same time as your other detox protocol. They occur naturally in our bodies. It's Candidase by Enzymedica. I use it and it has been a life saver. The enzymes eat the Candida. Here is the link: http://www.enzymedica.com/products/Candidase. I notice a change within a couple of days when I take the pills. I hope this helps! I will be sending prayers your way! Blessings! ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make colloidal silver for just such problems http://beinkisown.blogspot.com/
    About 80% of the time, candida overgrowth occurs when antibiotics kill the friendly bacteria in the intestinal tract.

    When much of your friendly flora have been destroyed, and your immune system has weakened, the oxygen-loving candida yeast begin to flourish, morphing into anaerobic candida fungi. No longer needing an oxygen-rich blood supply, the fungi are able to exist anywhere in the body. So they hide in the body when being attacked with prescription antibiotics. but they can't hide from beinki's Own Colloidal Silver.

    ReplyDelete